When you need to install or replace tubes, it’s extremely convenient to have all the tools you need at arm’s length. That’s why it’s nice to have a mobile pipe rack that you can push around a construction site. Just stack the tubes on the pipe rack, move them where you need to be, and you’re good to go.
At Lakeside-Hire, we hire easily manoeuvrable and collapsible pipe racks. Aside from keeping your pipes close to you while you’re working, our mobile pipe rack is an excellent storage solution if you work at a location with no or limited storage capacity.
Contact us now for all your mobile pipe rack needs! We offer next-day delivery nationwide.
Mobile Pipe Rack Hire: Technical Specifications
Pipe racks enable you to move and store tubing materials around a building site or industrial plant. They come with steel railings where you can safely stack a certain number of pipes.
Here is a quick look at the mobile pipe rack’s specifications:
- Internal dimensions (L x W): 1650 x 1050mm
- Open height: 1735mm
- Closed height: 385mm
- Weight: 120kg
- Capacity: 135kg
- Maximum tube length: 6m
- Minimum tube length: 3m
- Transport dimensions: 33 x 66 x 178 cm
Why Hire Pipe Racks?
If you’re still not sure if our pipe racks are ideal for you, here are the top reasons you should hire them:
Robust On-Site Storage
To make sure that all your materials are carefully organized, you need convenient storage solutions like our pipe rack. Here are some of its best storage features:
- High safe working load: Some pipe racks can only carry up to 1 ton at most. But at Lakeside-Hire, our racks have the capacity to store up to 2 tonnes.
- Good working height: Each pipe rack has a suitable height for moving and loading.
- Fully collapsible: Most pipe racks are fully folding and collapsible. Because of that, they can be easily stored when not in use.
- Modular design: Compared to installing permanent pipe racks at your location, hiring mobile pipe racks are more scalable. Whenever you need additional storage, you can just hire more racks as needed.
Easy To Manoeuvre
At Lakeside-Hire, our pipe racks can be easily transported, thanks to the following components:
- Wheeled design: All pipe racks come with heavy-duty caster wheels, making them roll easily on any smooth and flat surface. They also swivel in any direction for better manoeuvrability.
- Responsive brakes: Each pipe rack also comes with brakes. You can use this whenever you leave the rack unattended or when you’re rolling it on a slope.
Pipe racks should be made with tough materials. At Lakeside-Hire, we hire pipe racks that boast of the following features:
- Impressive steel material thickness: Our pipe racks are made from heavy-duty steel. You’ll find that the steel material thickness is enough to safely store heavy piping materials and other tools.
- Powder-coated steel: Each rack’s load-bearing arms are powder coated for maximum protection. This prevents them from cracking or breaking when storing heavy materials.
Improve Workplace Safety And Productivity
Pipe racks improve your staff’s safety and productivity in the following ways:
- Keep materials in place: Stepping on pipes can cause serious injuries, especially if you’re just leaving them on the ground. With a mobile pipe rack, you can keep all your materials organized while keeping your staff safe.
- Less manual labour: Having a pipe rack makes work a lot easier for those who need to replace or install tubes. Thanks to this piece of equipment, your staff don’t have to manually carry pipes around the job site. This gives them more time and energy to do the work they were actually contracted to do!
What To Consider Before Getting Pipe Rack Hire
Hiring a mobile pipe rack can save you a lot of money. Instead of installing built-in racks at your worksite, you can simply get this low-cost and convenient storage solution.
But it’s important to keep in mind that not all pipe racks are made equal. Before you choose which pipe rack to hire, here are some factors you should consider:
Internal dimensions and lengths: Pipe racks are designed for specific tube lengths. At our company, we hire pipe racks that can store conduits that are 3m up to 6m in length.
- Weight: Weigh your piping materials before hiring pipe racks. Since each rack has a maximum capacity of 2 tonnes, you should order more pipe racks if your tubing materials exceed this weight.
- The number of pipes: Each rack can only hold up to six tubes in total. Hire more than one rack if you have more tubes in your facility.
Tips On Mobile Pipe Rack Safety
At our company, we take our customers’ safety quite seriously. Here are some ways you can ensure that you and your staff members are safe while handling the equipment:
- Read the safety instructions that come with each pipe.
- Do not exceed the safe working load (SWL).
- Have at least two people manoeuvre the rack.
- Avoid moving the rack when it is full.
- Avoid using the mobile pipe rack on rough surfaces.
- Spread pipes evenly throughout the load-bearing arms.
- Keep the brakes on if you are leaving the rack unattended.
- Use personal protective equipment when loading or unloading the rack.
- Do not stack more than six pipes on each rack.
- Check the load-bearing arms daily for any signs of damage.
- Ensure that the brakes are functioning well.
- Make sure there’s no debris or rubble on the wheels. Test if they’re turning freely.
Why Choose Lakeside-Hire?
Trust Lakeside-Hire for all your construction tool and equipment needs. We have been providing high-quality and well-maintained equipment since 2009. Our company is a member of PASMA (Prefabricated Access Suppliers’ and Manufacturers’ Association) and the Hire Association of Europe.
Here are some of the reasons you should choose our company for tool and equipment rental needs:
Services Available Nationwide
Lakeside-Hire has more than 90 locations across the country. As soon as you contact us, we can quickly check and prepare all the equipment for next-day delivery.
Regular Maintenance And Care
Every piece of equipment we hire is fully tested prior to delivery. We also make sure to do routine maintenance and safety checks each time the equipment is returned to us. Rest assured that you get fully functional equipment from us every time.
Excellent Product Selection
At Lakeside-Hire, we don’t just offer mobile alloy safe storage racks. We also have powered access equipment, site boxes, ladders, and more. That way, you only need to deal with one vendor to get all various types of tools and equipment.
Extremely Low Prices
At our company, we take pride in offering unbeatable prices for our equipment rentals. We also don’t require any deposits. Just pay for the hire and delivery services that you need.
Later Hire Period End Date
Aside from our low rates, we have a 7-day hire period, longer than most of our competitors. That makes our services even more cost-effective: you can use our materials and equipment up to a later end date.
First-Rate Customer Service
Maintaining excellent customer service is our top priority. We call our customers after their scheduled delivery time to confirm that they are happy with the equipment. We also contact each customer before their hire period’s end date to ask if they’re done using the tool.
At our company, we have PASMA-trained coordinators who can provide you with more information regarding our storage solutions, cutting tools, and access equipment. If you have questions about products, you can also trust us to give you the right answers.
Corporate Account Available
Our company offers regular customers the opportunity to open a corporate account for all their tool and equipment hire needs. We can also offer them a credit account. Just contact us for a fast and easy credit account application.
Contact Us For Now For Mobile Pipe Rack Hire in the UK
A mobile pipe rack is essential if you want to maintain an organized building site or manufacturing plant. Since the racks come with a set of wheels, they can be easily transported around the site.
Get in touch with Lakeside-Hire now for pipe storage rack hire! We deliver equipment and tools nationwide.
Lakeside-Hire have proven to be a hassle free solution for many construction companies nationwide. Just see some of our excellent feedback!